Software Engineer • Aug, 2016 — Present
At Ad Hoc, I work with a small team of designers and developers to craft beautiful, simple, and usable web-based applications and services. So far, I helped build a couple of React.js apps for the launch of Vets.gov as well as other products that enable citizen to government interactions. Our goal is to better understand and translate policy and business requirements into features, user stories, automated tests, and working code.
Software Engineer • Jun, 2015 — May, 2016
Tasked with updating and improving LivingSocial’s Merchant Portal while on the Merchant Center team. Duties included:
- Rotational On-Call Responsibility for triaging production issues from support, prioritizing them, then implementing and communicating fixes to numerous stakeholders
- Managed and maintained the Front-End for four large-scale applications
- Collaborated with UX and Marketing departments to create high quality site updates and redesigns
- Estimated effort/risk for new features and projects and provided reports/recommendations to management
- Released new versions of custom LivingSocial gems
- Responsive UI for mobile and tablet screens
Web Development Immersive • Nov, 2014 — Mar, 2015
Full-Stack web development program focused on common best practices in object-oriented programming, MVC frameworks, data modeling, and test-driven development. Developed a portfolio of individually focused and collaboratively focused projects.
Multimedia Producer • May, 2013 — Oct, 2014
Created patient education content through the use of scientific animations and broadcast-quality motion design.
- Web Design and Development
- 2D and 3D Animation
- UI/UX Design
- iPad App Development
Risk and Strategic Management, Corp
3D Animation Intern • May, 2012 — May, 2013
Create, direct, assist, and review the production of 3D computer animated education videos, which is related to risk management.
Web Development Immersive • 2014 — 2015
12-week intensive course that builds fluency in full stack web development with emphasis on work-ready skill set.
University of Maryland, Baltimore County
BFA Interactive Media/Animation • 2011 — 2013
Animation/Interactive Media calls upon the theories and artistic practices of animation, cinema, motion graphics, games and technology.
Prince George’s Community College
Graphic Design • 2009 — 2011
Produced print and screen-based graphics for commercial purposes using traditional and digital tools.